This privacy notice applies only to personal data processed by SAS Data Services Ltd. on its website or otherwise.
Our Privacy Promise
We will always tell you what data we’re collecting about you and how we use it. We don’t share your data with any third parties.
We are committed to following industry best practices to ensure your data is stored safely and securely. We protect the confidentiality, accuracy and availability of the information we collect about you.
Information we collect about you
• Personal and contact information, details (and copies) of your communications and interactions with us via the Contact Us form or otherwise, including by email, post and online via our social media channels.
How and why we use your personal data
Below, we set out how we use your personal data, and why.
How we use your personal data:
• We use the personal and contact information provided by you, copies of your communications with us to manage our relationship with you.
• For example: to communicate with you in response to any query, request or complaint you may have.
Why we use your personal data:
• Consent – if you have contacted us with a query, request or complaint then you are providing your information to SAS Data Services Ltd. in order that we can respond.
We do not use any information provided via this website for marketing or share it with any third parties.
How we protect your personal data
We have put various measures in place to protect your personal data, including:
• The use of SSL/TLS to encrypt data in transit.
How long we keep your personal data
We will only keep your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, or reporting requirements.
At the end of that retention period, your data will either be deleted, or anonymised (so that it can no longer be associated with you) and used for research or statistical purposes.
You have the right:
• to request from us access to personal information held about you;
• to ask for the information we hold about you to be rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete;
• to ask that we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent;
• to ask, in certain circumstances, to delete the personal data we hold about you;
• to ask, in certain circumstances, for the processing of that information to be restricted; and
• to ask, in certain circumstances, for data portability.
By post to:
Data Protection Officer
SAS Data Services Ltd.
21 Jesmond Way
London HA7 4QR
In order to request a copy of the personal data that SAS Data Services Ltd. holds about you, please send your request in writing to the Data Protection Officer at the above address. To enable us to verify your identity and process your request, you must include all of the following information and documentation with your request:
• your full name;
• contact information from which you contacted SAS Data Services Ltd. e.g. email address, postal address;
• a description of the data that you are requesting, including a date range;
• a copy of your current and valid photo ID (e.g. passport photo page);
• proof of your address in the form of a photocopy of a utilities or service provider bill; and
• the date of the request.
For any other requests, we may contact you to verify your identity on the phone.
If you are unhappy with our processing of your personal data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at any time. The ICO’s contact details are available here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with any concerns before you approach the ICO, so please contact the Data Protection Officer by email in the first instance.
The information collected by our cookies, and those used by third parties, do not usually directly identify you.
When you first visit this website you will be asked to set your cookie preferences by either agreeing to all cookies or selecting which categories of cookies (if any) you are happy to install. You can update your preferences at any time using the preferences manager, or manage cookies in your browser settings.
How to control cookies on your desktop:
How to control cookies on your mobile device:
We will remember your cookie preferences for 12 months after which we will ask you to refresh them.
Previously installed cookies remain on your device until you clear cookies from your browser.
If you clear all cookies this will also remove the cookie that remembers your cookie preferences so you will have to refresh these the next time you visit the website.
If you use incognito or private browsing mode you will have to refresh your cookie preferences every time you visit the website.
As cookies are set on the browser and device, you will need to choose your preferences each time you use a different device or new browser.
There are four main types of cookies and technology. Here’s how and why we use them:
Strictly necessary cookies
These are cookies that are essential for this website to function. These cookies can not be switched off and if you clear cookies from your browser these will be reinstalled the next time you visit the site.
These cookies allow us to improve your experience using the site, for example to give visitors a slightly different experience based on whether they are visiting for the first time or on subsequent visits and to provide a smooth experience where we link to, or from, third party sites (like YouTube or Twitter)
These cookies collect statistical information about visits to the website so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information collected by these cookies is aggregated and therefore anonymous.
Advertising cookies and pixels
Such cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.